Every realtor’s website has glowing testimonials from their clients. But what actionable info do you have when you have to pick a realtor for your needs?
Below is an actionable interview process that you can use to vet a realtor when selling a home.
A savvy solution oriented realtor like Tony Meier will instinctively know all about these, and will “get the job done!”
- Ask about the “kiss of death” when selling a home. This is the single biggest mistake that will cost you dearly, and want to avoid!
- Ask about the type of market data that the realtor uses to gauge supply, demand, and absorption. Ask how the data will help in the sales process.
- Ask them why they are best qualified to represent your price range and neighborhood.
- Ask them to prove that they are not spread too thin and you will get maximum attention from them.
- Ask details about their home marketing process, and the most common mistakes made by average realtors. Ask them to show you good and bad samples of videos and pictures.
- Ask them insights on dealing with offers, and the negotiation process.
- Ask them to describe the most difficult situations that they have encountered when selling a home, and what were the lessons.
- Ask them about the strength of their Rolodex. A great realtor will have referrals for several exceptional contractors.
- Ask them one clear key reason why clients like them.
On all these points, we felt Tony Meier met or exceeded our needs!
Harish Nataraj and Swapna Sundaram – Sold in Redmond – 2015