By: Tony Meier
Want to maximize your results when selling? Here are 8 quick tips for you…
· New paint (even the same color) will brighten up and re-freshen any room. Washing the walls is an easy fix to dull color, although you may not be able to get out all of the stains this way.
· Change the color scheme of a room by adding couch covers, pillows and new curtains. This is a quick and cheap way to color coordinate an entire room.
· Hang a simple framed picture, mirror or vase on a bare wall. This will add depth and style without over-crowding or making the room seem small. You can also add a shelf or two with a framed picture placed on each.
· Professionally clean carpets to return them to original brightness. You will be surprised at how dirty they were.
· Taking carpeting off of natural hard wood floors will make any room look more spacious. Just be careful of all the dust-bunnies that will pile up.
· Adding an area rug can bring design and style to a bleak room without taking up any space.
· Trim back trees and shrubs, even ones that don’t appear overgrown, to make your yard seem larger.
· Place table-runners on dressers or end tables to cover up any scratches, chips or discoloring.